MSRP:Was:Now: £152.41 - £240.65
MSRP:Was:Now: £204.89 - £298.64
Glass Fibre Step Ladder
We stock glass fibre platform steps available in 3 to 8 steps at heights of 950 mm to 1885 mm. Featuring an integrated Bucket hook, and 110 mm and 180 mm recesses for holding paint cans and also have holes at the top to enable screw drivers to be stored when not in use. This lightweight glass fibre step had a high safety Rail providing added safety when working at height, standing on rubber feet and aluminium side arms help prevent slips and twists as there are no tapes or flimsy arms to break. The rubber feet enable this glass of fibre stepladder to be insulated to 30,000 volts.
What are Glass Fibre Step Ladders?
Glass fibre step ladders are specially designed ladders made from reinforced glass fibre materials. These ladders offer exceptional strength, durability, and electrical insulation properties. Glass fibre step ladders are resistant to electricity, corrosion, and weathering, making them suitable for a wide range of applications in various industries.
What are Glass Fibre Step Ladders Used For?
Glass fibre step ladders are primarily used in environments where electrical safety is paramount, such as construction sites, industrial settings, and maintenance work. They provide a safe and reliable solution for accessing elevated areas and performing tasks in close proximity to electrical equipment or power sources. Glass fibre step ladders are also commonly used in outdoor settings, as they are resistant to weathering and corrosion.
How to Use Glass Fibre Step Ladders Effectively
- Inspect and Maintain: Before using a glass fibre step ladder, carefully inspect it for any visible signs of damage or wear. Ensure that all components, including rungs, side rails, and spreaders, are in good condition. Regularly clean the ladder and store it in a dry location to prevent moisture buildup and prolong its lifespan.
- Set Up Safely: Place the glass fibre step ladder on a firm and level surface. Make sure the ladder is fully open and locked into position before climbing. Engage the spreaders or braces to provide additional stability and prevent accidental closure of the ladder.
- Follow Weight and Height Limits: Adhere to the weight and height limits specified by the manufacturer. Avoid overloading the ladder and ensure that it can reach the desired working height safely. Do not stand on the top three rungs of the ladder, as it may compromise stability and balance.
- Maintain Three Points of Contact: Maintain three points of contact with the ladder at all times while climbing or descending. Use both hands and one foot or both feet and one hand to ensure stability. Avoid overreaching or leaning to one side, as it may cause the ladder to tip over.
- Maintain Three Points of Contact: While working on the ladder, maintain a stable and secure position. Keep your body centered between the side rails and face the ladder at all times. If necessary, use a tool belt or bucket hook to carry tools or materials, keeping your hands free for climbing.
View our full range of Ladders & Steps
Got a big order? Submit a digital quote request form and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours with a quote. Or do you need advice or help with what you’re looking for, contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.