Our range of steps include Fort Dock steps in a range of steps from two to four at heights of 500mm to 1000mm. The dog steps are fitted with the lift handles which include a knuckle card on the hand grips to keep users safe. Standing on two 150mm rubber tire wheels and to legs which makes it easy for manoeuvrability as the user only has to lift the dog step using the handles provided and we looked into the position they need it. Available in expanded steel with a powder coated finish or galvanise steel.
What are Warehouse Dock Steps?
Warehouse dock steps are specialized access solutions designed to provide safe and convenient access to elevated areas such as loading docks, mezzanines, or raised platforms within a warehouse or industrial setting. These steps are constructed with durable materials such as steel or aluminum, offering stability and durability for heavy-duty use. Warehouse dock steps typically feature non-slip treads, handrails, and sturdy construction to ensure secure and reliable access.
What are Warehouse Dock Steps Used For?
Warehouse dock steps are primarily used to facilitate safe and efficient access to elevated areas in warehouses, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities, and logistics operations. They allow workers to safely ascend and descend from loading docks, raised platforms, or mezzanines, enabling seamless movement of goods, equipment, and personnel. Warehouse dock steps are essential for maintaining a productive and safe working environment, preventing accidents, and optimizing workflow.
How to Use Warehouse Dock Steps Effectively
- Assess the Environment: Before using warehouse dock steps, evaluate the area where they will be utilized. Ensure that the steps are suitable for the specific height and configuration of the loading dock or elevated area. Take into account factors such as available space, clearance requirements, and any potential obstructions.
- Positioning and Stability: Place the warehouse dock steps in a secure and stable position, ensuring that they are level and firmly anchored to the ground or surface. Follow the manufacturer's guidelines for proper installation and secure any additional safety features, such as non-slip mats or stabilizing bars, if provided.
- Climbing and Descending: When using warehouse dock steps, always maintain three points of contact by holding onto the handrails while climbing or descending. Ascend or descend one step at a time, ensuring proper footing on each tread before proceeding to the next step. Avoid rushing or carrying heavy or bulky items while using the steps.
- Load Capacity: Adhere to the recommended load capacity of the warehouse dock steps. Do not exceed the weight limit specified by the manufacturer. Distribute the load evenly while using the steps, and avoid placing excessive weight on a single side or step.
- Regular Maintenance: Inspect the warehouse dock steps regularly for any signs of damage or wear. Replace any worn-out or damaged components to maintain the safety and performance of the steps. Keep the steps clean and free from debris to prevent slipping hazards.
Got a big order? Submit a digital quote request form and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours with a quote. Or do you need advice or help with what you’re looking for, contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.