Sack trucks are built to manoeuvre large and heavy loads around the warehouse to ensure users are safe when moving products around the warehouse. You can also use sided platform trucks as an alternative. Sack Trucks, also known as sack barrows and sack carts, are built on a steel tubular frame which can withstand daily knocks and bumps from the warehouse. Standing on two wheels with rubber tyres and a foot plate, or toe plate. These heavy duty sack trucks can move heavy loads around the warehouse quickly and efficiently.
We stock heavy duty sack trucks, extra wide sack trucks, high back sack trucks with different handles such as hand grips, pram handles. As well as different types of foot and toe plates; standard toe plates, folding toe plates, extra large toe plates and even different backs such as mesh backs and tubular backs. But if you don't have enough room to store the sack truck or need one on the go, we also have compact folding sack trucks which are easy to tuck away after use and in transport.
What is a sack truck?
A sack truck, also known as a "sak truck," is a versatile and practical piece of equipment designed to assist in moving heavy or bulky items. It consists of a sturdy frame with two wheels at the base, a set of handles, and a platform or toe plate where the load is placed. Sack trucks are commonly used in various industries and sectors for their efficient and ergonomic design, enabling easier transportation of goods.
How to use a sack truck?
Using a sack truck, such as the popular "sak truck," is a straightforward process. Follow these steps for proper usage:
- Assess the load: Ensure that the weight and size of the load are within the recommended capacity of the sack truck.
- Position the sack truck: Place the toe plate near the item to be transported, ensuring it is aligned and stable.
- Tilt the sack truck: While gripping the handles firmly, tilt the sack truck backward, allowing the toe plate to slide under the load.
- Secure the load: Once the load is resting on the toe plate, adjust it for balance and stability. For added security, you may use straps or bungee cords to secure the load in place.
- Move the sack truck: With a firm grip on the handles, slowly push or pull the sack truck, using your body weight to control the movement. Take care to navigate obstacles and maintain clear pathways.
- Unload the load: Once you reach the desired location, carefully tilt the sack truck forward, allowing the load to be safely placed on the ground.
Remember, always follow the manufacturer's guidelines and prioritize safety when using a sack truck.
What are sack trucks used for?
Sack trucks, including the versatile "sak truck," serve a multitude of purposes across various industries and applications. Some common uses include:
- Moving heavy goods: Sack trucks are ideal for transporting heavy items such as boxes, crates, equipment, or furniture, reducing the strain and effort required compared to manual lifting.
- Deliveries and logistics: Sack trucks are commonly used in warehouses, distribution centers, and delivery services to efficiently move goods from one location to another.
- Retail and supermarkets: In retail environments, sack trucks are utilized to transport stock, restock shelves, and handle bulk purchases, ensuring efficient stock management.
- Removals and relocations: During home or office moves, sack trucks are invaluable for moving appliances, furniture, and boxes, facilitating the process and minimizing the risk of injuries.
- Construction and trade industries: Sack trucks aid in transporting construction materials, tools, and equipment on job sites, enhancing productivity and reducing manual labor.
View our full range of Trucks
Sack Truck Related Categories
Got a big order? Submit a digital quote request form and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours with a quote. Or do you need advice or help with what you’re looking for, contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.