MSRP:Was:Now: £34.13 - £64.01
MSRP:Was:Now: £122.41 - £142.94
MSRP:Was:Now: £349.45 - £547.20
MSRP:Was:Now: £472.12 - £514.56
MSRP:Was:Now: £213.95 - £567.58
Hazardous Storage Cupboards
Our range of hazardous storage cupboards are essential for storing hazardous substances. We have hazard mobile cupboards, hazardous floor chests, hazardous floor cupboards and wall mounted hazardous cupboards. Extra accessories are also available, such as stands and extra shelves.
Comply with the control of hazardous substances in the workplace with our steel cupboards available in various sizes for the floor wall or mobile we can be sure to help you meet the requirements. Featuring a no snag handle and to point locking system and warning stickers supplied as standard. It includes an adjustable spill retaining galvanised shelf for spill management with a uniformly distributed load of 70kg. Built from fully welded steel but extra strength. Complies to Fire Classification EN13501-1.
What are hazardous storage cupboards?
Hazardous storage cupboards, also known as chemical storage cabinets or flammable storage cabinets, are specially designed cabinets used for the safe storage of hazardous materials and substances. These cabinets are constructed with fire-resistant materials and feature specific safety features to minimize the risks associated with storing dangerous chemicals.
What are hazardous storage cupboards used for?
azardous storage cupboards are used to securely store and manage hazardous materials in various settings. Here are some common applications:
- Chemical storage: These cupboards are designed to safely store chemicals, including corrosive substances, flammable liquids, toxic materials, and other hazardous substances.
- Flammable liquid storage: They provide a controlled environment for storing flammable liquids, such as solvents, paints, fuels, and cleaning agents, reducing the risk of fire and explosion.
- Compliance with regulations: Hazardous storage cupboards ensure compliance with safety regulations and guidelines related to the storage and handling of hazardous materials in workplaces and other facilities.
- Risk management: By providing a designated storage solution, these cupboards help minimize the potential for accidents, spills, leaks, and exposure to harmful substances.
- Organized inventory: They facilitate the organization and inventory management of hazardous materials, making it easier to locate specific chemicals and monitor their quantities.
How to use hazardous storage cupboards effectively?
To effectively use hazardous storage cupboards and maintain a safe working environment, consider the following tips:
- Proper identification: Clearly label all containers and packages with hazard symbols, warning signs, and relevant information. Ensure that containers are tightly sealed to prevent leaks or spills.
- Categorize and segregate: Organize chemicals and substances within the cupboard based on compatibility and hazard class. Keep incompatible materials separated to prevent reactions.
- Ventilation and location: Place hazardous storage cupboards in well-ventilated areas away from heat sources, ignition points, and direct sunlight. Proper ventilation helps dissipate fumes or vapors.
- Limited access: Restrict access to hazardous storage cupboards to authorized personnel only. Use locks or security measures to prevent unauthorized individuals from handling dangerous substances.
- Training and awareness: Provide training on the proper use, handling, and storage of hazardous materials. Educate employees about the risks associated with specific chemicals and the emergency procedures to follow in case of spills or accidents.
- Regular inspections: Conduct routine inspections to ensure the integrity of the hazardous storage cupboard, including checking for leaks, damaged containers, and expired materials. Promptly address any issues identified.
- Emergency preparedness: Have spill kits, personal protective equipment (PPE), and safety equipment readily available near the hazardous storage cupboard to facilitate a quick response to emergencies.
By following these guidelines, you can use hazardous storage cupboards effectively, minimizing risks and ensuring the safe storage of hazardous materials in compliance with regulations. Prioritizing safety in the storage and handling of dangerous substances is crucial for protecting both personnel and the environment.
Got a big order? Submit a digital quote request form and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours with a quote. Or do you need advice or help with what you’re looking for, contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.